First Semester Reflection

Quality Of Work
As far as paying attention to the objective of the assignment and completing everything I believe that I have done that every time. In the index prints I make sure to have at least 25 images if not more. I always complete my work on time and then spend time editing the photos and choosing the right image. I usually think of many ideas for a project and try to pick one that doesn't seem too easy like for the all white project I didn't just want to take a photo of a white wall or copy the photos that were put on the class blog.
Effort
I love photography and I am always actively taking photos everywhere I go and of my family. neighbors, friends etc. The location/subject of my photos depends on the project, if the project reminds me of something I saw that is in sarasota or tampa, I will go there and take photos. If it is a project I can complete at home or around town then I will do that. I usually put in a good amount of effort and take practice shots to determine the lighting and camera settings I need. I shoot more photo than I need because I don't know which ones I will use in the end. Taking creative risks is something I would love to do more of because I think its important that all of your photos are not all the same boring one angle shots. Feedback is always appreciated!
Participation
I have never been late to class. I always check the class blog first thing and get started on the assignment or find inspiration for a project. I usually have a good plan on what days I will shoot, edit and then reshoot if necessary.
Improvement
Technically I need to improve the efficiency in which I am able to adjust the ISO, shutter speed, aperture etc. In composing photographs I could vary the angles, depth and types of subjects that are in my photos to create a better all around photo. Creating compelling images is hard and I need to be more creative and create images that have a purpose or message. My confidence in photography has grown a lot and I think its important that I continue to keep learning new skills and trying new things to improve.
Adjustment
In 2nd Semester I want to do a better job of thinking of creative compelling concepts. I also want to improve my photoshop skills. I want to go to further locations and not just take photos around town. Next Semester I will try even harder!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Fears